Designing E-learning Moodle Open Online Course (deMOOC)
Open for Self-enrolment!
What is the purpose of deMOOC?
- to provide a professional learning experience for educators who are new to designing for e-learning or those who are currently mentoring other educators to make the shift to teaching online
- to provide a free Moodle/Mahara course blended with Google and Blackboard Collaborate where the webinars are scheduled in Australia time zones
Who would benefit from participating?
- teachers in the VET system
- teachers in the Learn Local environment
- teachers in Schools
- trainers in Industry
How do I sign up and do the projects ? Can I just participate in the webinars? Could I just join the learners in a network community?
- Self-enrol at the deMOOC course in Moodle
- Access the webinars live or as recordings from the Australia eSeries Webinar Schedule
- Join the Google+ network community
Who is facilitating the deMOOC?
Coach Carole and a team of designers/facilitators from 4 states of Australia have collaborated on the design of deMOOC and have volunteered their time to provide a comprehensive experience for the teachers they support in their states.
How was the course put together?
You can read about the history of the development of this deMOOC in our E-portfolio.
How can I get a flyer to distribute to my colleagues?
deMOOC flyer is available for downloading and printing.
This is not a ‘course’ where you’ll be enrolled and assessed; it is rather an experience in which you will self-enrol and self-assess. You can work independently or with a group! You can login at any time and do as much learning each week as you wish! You can set your own goals, do you own research and form groups of like minded people.
We have designed the course for your engagement in the process of designing elearning and have used this diagram to lead you to each segment.
We have created some content in ebook format for ease of access online and a set of activities and projects to help you progress sequentially through the research/design/discuss/develop/trial/reflect process.
Join the other eager learners who are gathering already in the deMOOC Community.
Prepare for Study and Career Planning: the e-Way to Learning project
Our update on progress for this project can be accessed here at the NVELS: E-learning for Participation and Skills wikispace.
Designing E-learning MOOC: deMOOC
The volunteer design team are now in residence at the Moodle/Mahara environment [Guest password = demooc] and have successfully held the first meeting (Google Hangout).
Become an e-leader: Learn Local MOOC project
As part of this initiative, participants will be encouraged to blog about their progress, achievements and challenges using a Class Blog and individual blogs. These have been established in the Edublogs domain and we have made a start on linking the participant blogs to the class blog.
I have three upcoming PD opportunities being delivered in Moodle and Mahara for Semester 1 in 2013. From the look of my the following images, this will definitely be a ‘turquoise blue’ period for me. (tranquility, productivity and creativity)
- Become an e-leader – An action e-learning, project based course, including professional community support through the Learn Local network, and structured to enable continuous self-enrolment. Participants will advance their skills to become an e-leader!
- Designing Elearning MOOC – a learning experience for VET professionals to undertake prior to enrolling in or RPLing for TAEDES503A Design and Develop e-learning resources. This is not a ‘course’ where you’ll be enrolled and assessed; it is rather an experience in which you will self-enrol and self-assess. You can work independently or with a group! You can login at any time and do as much learning each week as you wish! You can set your own goals, do you own research and form groups of like minded people. This MOOC will incorporate Mahara.
- Eways to Learning! – a program for adult learners returning to study in Learn Locals which provides them with technology enhanced classroom approach to becoming ready to undertake further e-learning. This is a Nationally funded project and will be delivered to a target audience in the Hume region at the YNH Services Learn Local.
Coming soon from CoverItLive!
2012 Eportfolio Forum
Connecting & Sharing
27 September 2012
Australian Catholic University, Edward Street, North Sydney Campus
I will be helping out at this conference with the following:
9:40 am ePortfolios in the New Zealand School Sector – Paul Seiler,
eLearning & Technology Consultant
10:20 am OLT ePortfolio Project –
Jennifer Rowley + Team, University of Sydney
- Moderating some 20×20 sessions
20 x 20 sessions – Group A
- Leading one of the Facilitated Discussions
Blending e-portfolios into teacher delivery plans!
The following link is for those who wish to contribute to a shared presentation on Google Drive for the discussion about ‘Blending e-portfolios into teacher delivery plans!’
If you are looking for the link to the latest E-portfolio Video Case Studies, here it is.
If you need a copy of the program for the 2012 Eportfolio Forum, try this page.
…….. The News is out there – Steve Hargadon – touring Australia in February 2013 – will run a series of Workshops and Masterclasses……… Media Release …..
Educator 2.0 – taking the driver’s seat
We are on the brink of an educational revolution which is demanding even more from our educational institutions and educators.
While change is never easy, it is always constant, and the web is providing amazing new opportunities for educators. These opportunities include:
- exploring their own interests and passions
- building personal learning networks, and
- having a significant impact on their learners, their organisations, and their own careers
The Educator 2.0 program is designed to support the effective personal and professional growth of every educator, and is led by Steve Hargadon, one of the most important change-makers in education of our time.
The Educator 2.0 program kick starts with an exclusive full day hands-on workshop in four Australian cities which will explore these trends and enable educators, as the “lead learners”, build educational resources for their students and institutions. Conducted as a blended approach to professional development, the Educator 2.0 program will include face to face and online workshops, together with online networking and forums.
Alternatively, organisations can choose to engage Steve Hargadon for individual and customised full or half-day masterclasses or consultancies for their own staff/organisations.
For more information and registration head over to the home of Digital Capability.
A new look and some new pages!
The Learn Local Network is looking better than it has for ages. We have customised the theme, added new pages and links, modified the layout and generally added some colour.
During the next few months the network will be managed by the e-mentors, e-champions and e-leaders in each of the regions. Lots of exciting News, Event and Activities will feature each month and we hope to enliven the network and get more interaction with our members.
The network has been in operation for a few years now and the membership has grown to almost 400. The network supports the work of the ACFE ementor program in Victoria and is a preferred network site for the many Learn Locals and other adult learning centres throughout the state.
We encourage membership from all over Australia and focus on sharing our e-learning events, achievements and challenges. Why not drop in during September for a look at the new environment and to engage with some of the e-leaders? It’s free!
Open Day is September 1 from 10am to 4 pm
September events include two special webinars:
- Friday September 7: Inspire and engage your learners with voice
- Monday September 24: Keep up with current VET Teacher E-learning Tools
Plus we will be advertising the weekly webinars from the Australia e-series:
- Wednesdays at 8 pm
- Thursdays at 8 pm